Understanding a Home Warranty
November 7, 2018
Home builders strive to construct a home free of defects. However, mistakes are occasionally made or something may not perform as intended. In this episode, Mike and Garrett sit down with Wonderland Vice President, Derek Peterson, to talk about questions you should be asking your builder.
- Regarding warranty – what’s the first thing you should ask any builder when buying a home?
- Different types of warranties?
- What do they usually cover?
- HVAC, doors, plumbing, electrical?
- Are their “official” warranty guidelines? How do you determine if something is warrantable?
- How do you hold your builder accountable?
- Can you dispute a builder’s decision to deny a claim?
- Who does the repairs?
- Who pays for a home warranty? Buyer or seller?
- Best warranty story – good or bad?
- Most challenging warranty item?
- Top maintenance items homeowners neglect?
- Good resource for home maintenance tips: https://bit.ly/2Dr4NXk