“Nailing It” Podcast Ep. 3 – Are Master Planned Communities Worth It?
July 12, 2018
We’re seeing more master planned communities pop up across Colorado, but are they worth all that they are cracked up to be? Are they worth the money? Garrett and Mike share their experiences of building and living in master planned communities.
• Planned communities date back to 1695. St. Augustine, Florida was the very first planned community in the United States.
• Plans are meant to encourage recreation and create a sense of community.
• Cities like Philadelphia, Albany, Williamsburg, Annapolis, New York City started as master planned communities.
• Stapleton Denver made the U.S. top 10 for master planned communities in 2017: https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/08/stapleton-denver-makes-top-10-list/
Pros vs Cons
• Pro: Nearby amenities and services
• Con: Not all goods and services within easy reach
• Pro: HOA regulation keeps the community looking great
• Con: Less freedom for decorating and design
• Pro: Socializing
• Con: Possibly less privacy
• Pro: The chance to be involved
• Con: Higher fee:
• Pro: Don’t have to cut grass/take care of snow removal
• Garrett talks about this experience of living in Stapleton
• Mike talks about people wearing hazmat suits while protesting a new Colorado development
Nailing It: A weekly homebuilder podcast featuring stories, tips, and tricks to help you nail your real estate goals.
Subscribe on iTunes —> https://apple.co/2uLL6D9