ENERGY STAR® Market Leader Award 2020
June 9, 2020
ENERGY STAR® Market Leader Award
Wonderland Homes is proud to have received the 2020 ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes Market Leader Award. The Market Leader Award is given to homebuilders committed to building over 100 ENERGY STAR® Certified homes in their market in a given year. Wonderland has been committed to building every one of its homes (100%) as ENERGY STAR® Certified since 2005 and has been a leader in green/sustainable building practices since its inception in 1966.
So what does ENERGY STAR® Certification mean exactly?
An ENERGY STAR® Certification is a symbol of Wonderland Homes’ voluntary commitment to higher quality and performance standards.
- The ENERGY STAR® process is an “integrated systems approach,” which recognizes that all components of a home function as an interconnected system versus independent parts
- In collaboration with a team of architects, certified energy raters, and trade partners, each home undergoes a series of 3rd party inspections and testing to verify the advanced framing details, quality insulation, comprehensive air-sealing, and proper HVAC operations meet the ENERGY STAR® standards
The ENERGY STAR® Certified label is not only a symbol of trust, it offers better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes.
- At least 10% more energy-efficient than homes built to code and achieve a 20% improvement on average
- Better resale value if it comes time to sell
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR® Certified homes and the promise backed behind the little label with the big message.
Wonderland’s commitment to the ENERGY STAR® program is a commitment to delivering confidence for every homeowner so that they may enjoy the benefits of a healthy, comfortable, and efficient home. Wonderland Homes is a multi-year winner of this prestigious award: 2018, 2017, 2016 2015.
This award symbolizes that in 2019, Wonderland Homes contributed 128 ENERGY STAR® Certified homes to Colorado homeowners. That means that Wonderland Homes helped reduce 187 metric tons of CO2 emissions from our air, which is equivalent to:
- Growing 3,098 tree seedlings every year for ten years
- Avoiding the consumption of 435 barrels of oil
- Removing 40 passenger vehicles from the road.
Wonderland is 100% committed to this program and will continue to build homes that exceed the high standards set by ENERGY STAR® throughout 2020 and beyond!
Wonderland Homes has been designing and building Energy Efficient homes and communities in the Denver Metro area for over 50 years. Starting in the $300s, our floorplans are ready for your unique personalization. Ready for a change? Contact us today and begin your journey to an elevated lifestyle.