Energy Efficiency Benefits of Buying a New Home
September 1, 2018
At Wonderland, our commitment to high-performance homes goes far deeper than adding a few “green” features here and there. We devote as much care to the energy efficiency of our homes as we do to their beauty and livability.
By taking a “whole house approach,” we ensure that all parts of the home work together for maximum efficiency. This collaborative effort involves our architects, energy consultants, trade partners and design and construction teams. The end result is a home that feels comfortable year-round and saves you substantial money on your energy bills. In fact, we’re so confident in our homes’ performance that, unlike other builders, we insist that third-party testers test 100% of our homes—not just the 15% sampling that the Energy Star rating system requires. Not only will you feel more comfortable in your new, Energy Star-certified home, but you’ll be able to take comfort in your smaller environmental footprint and lower monthly energy bill, too.
Here’s what a new build energy efficient home delivers:
Peace of Mind
- Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right.
- Meets the Environmental Protection Agency’s strict energy efficiency requirements to achieve high-level performance.
- We take many steps during design and construction to ensure that all ENERGY STAR requirements are met and verified.
- You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort.
- Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems are engineered and installed to deliver more comfort, provide better moisture control, improve indoor air quality and operate much quieter.
- Value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality over many years of ownership.
- Complete thermal enclosure system encompasses an air sealing, properly installed insulation, and high–performance windows work together to enhance comfort, improve durability, reduce maintenance costs, and lower monthly utility bills.
- Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Earning the ENERGY STAR label means our new build homes use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
- ENERGY STAR certified lighting, appliances, and fans can be found throughout your home, helping to reduce monthly utility bills, while providing high–quality and efficient performance.
For more information regarding the Energy Star program, ask our Sales Team and/or visit: www.energystar.gov