Share the Warmth
November 2, 2020
Visit a Wonderland Homes Model and Bring Warm Clothing For Colorado’s Homeless
Wonderland Homes and HomeAid Colorado are proud to present Share the Warmth, a partnered clothing drive to help keep the homeless warm this winter.
Your Generosity is Appreciated
There are real people on the streets without access to critical supplies that are durable and warm enough to stand up to the elements, especially on Colorado’s coldest nights. For that reason, Wonderland Homes is asking from Monday, November 2nd through Sunday, November 15th that you bring donations of new or lightly used* durable winter gear – preferably wind-resistant and waterproof gloves, mittens, and hats. Of course, all donations of new/gently used gloves/hats/socks are welcome and will be put to use by those who need these supplies during this critical time. Donations can be brought to any one of Wonderland’s model homes listed below.
Drop off Locations Near You
- Castle Rock, Montaine – 4616 Girardot Point, Castle Rock CO 80104
- Windsor, RainDance – 2006 Autumn Moon, Windsor, CO 80550
- Timnath, Trailside on Harmony, Meadow Collection – 5712 Jedidiah Dr, Timnath CO 80547
- Timnath, Trailside on Harmony, Garden Collection – 5800 Rendezvous Pkwy, Timnath, CO 80547
Let’s Restore Hope and Dignity
Did you know that Colorado’s homeless communities aren’t just lacking a roof over their head? Unsheltered individuals live without the means to acquire the necessary human comforts of warmth, health, safety, and cleanliness. This year, the need is higher than ever before and it’s even harder to secure resources for Colorado’s homeless population. That is why HomeAid Colorado is asking you to Share the Warmth in 2020 by donating socks, hats, and gloves to our neighbors at risk or already experiencing homelessness. Together, we can take action to help restore dignity and hope to those in our community who need it the most.
Recent Homeless Statistics Related to Winter Weather:
- In the metro area, over 6,100 homeless men, women, and children are facing another winter without permanent housing.
- Children are unable to regulate their body temperatures as adults do. They can quickly develop hypothermia without protection from the cold.
- Exposure to cold predisposes people, especially children, to infections like pneumonia, putting people at a higher risk of complications from illnesses such as COVID-19.
Another Option to Donate
Purchase items directly from HomeAid Colorado’s Amazon Wish List
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Click “Proceed to Checkout”
- Under “Other addresses” select “HomeAid Colorado”
Wonderland Homes has been dedicated to giving back to the communities in which they build in the Denver Metro area for over 50 years. Starting in the $300s, our floorplans are ready for your unique personalization. Ready for a change? Contact us today and begin your journey to an elevated lifestyle and give back to the community where you live. A portion of the proceeds of every Wonderland home provides for the community through Wonderland Homes’ multi-faceted charitable giving program.