Reasons to Buy a Move-in Ready Home
September 10, 2018
A lot of people love the idea of moving into a brand-new home, but hate the thought of dealing with months of construction. The good news is there is a great alternative, and it may save you some money.
Wonderland Homes always has a number of “move-in ready” homes available. Sometimes you will hear Sales Consultants call them as a “spec home” – short for speculative home. Basically, this is a home where we make a lot of the design choices before someone decides to buy it. Often times, you don’t have to wait 6-12 months to move because the build is already complete or in progress.
As with buying any home, there are always pros and cons.
Pros of Spec Homes
- You won’t have to wait as long for a brand-new home because the building process has already started.
- If all options have been selected, then the price you see is often the price you will get because most of the design choices are made for you.
- You get to visualize your home because you aren’t starting from dirt.
- Unlikely resale, meaning you won’t have to deal with a bidding war.
- You won’t be tempted to overspend on upgrades.
Cons of Move-in Ready Homes
- You may not love the design choices.
- The home may not be as personalized as you may like it to be.
We recommend a spec home for people who are looking to move immediately and want a price that is more predictable. If you like the timing of a resale but want something fresh, check out the homes that we have available now.